Friday, January 27, 2012

Healthy Cranberry Cookies (Late-Night Dessert, or Breakfast!)


My kindergartner wanted to bake cookies the other day, SO I used the Cinnamon Cranberry Confections ingredients:

1/3 c walnuts
1/4 c almonds
1/3 c raisins
1/8 c dried cranberries
1/4 tsp cinnamon
PLUS 1/2 c rolled oats, cooked with water, in the microwave.

Blend all ingredients -- mixture may be more coarse than for "Laraballs".
Scoop around 12-16 dollops on to baking sheet -- I love my silicone baking sheets!
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
My daughter added 2 chocolate chips to each cookie!

Yum!

THIS BATTER would also be an AWESOME breakfast!!! It is SO good! Don't be afraid to have a lick -- nothing in it needs to be cooked! Have as much as you want -- it's all nutritious!!

Get creative and I'm sure you could bake any of the Laraball recipes! It sure works for Cinnamon Crannbery Confections!

2 comments:

dolores@ said...

Colleen I really like your recipe ideas using chick peas. I just found this site so I haven't made them yet but certainly am looking forward to trying the recipe once I soak and cook some more chickpeas. I am on a flour and sugar free eating plan so these will fit right in.
One thing though, I never use a microwave because it kills the enzymes in the food which would certainly decrease their healthiness. I know many people think they can't live without a microwave but I gave mine up over 20 years ago when I learned that it destroys the nutritional value of the food. I just went back to cooking like I did before microwaves which means planning a head to defrost and cooking everything with the stove. It does take a little longer but it's not difficult and definitely healthier.

Fresh-You said...

Oh my! Dolores, I somehow missed your comment (in 2015!), but I can't help but answer, regardless of my belatedness! Thank you for your comments! I hope you are still enjoying your journey to health! That's awesome that you live without a microwave! I still can't say I never use it, but I certainly use it a lot less often than I have in the past! Have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...