Friday, December 30, 2011

EASY Eggplant Parm

Eggplant Parmesan is traditionally a somewhat labor-intensive meal to prepare, as each piece of eggplant must be breaded and fried. THAT ALL CHANGES HERE!


Now eggplant parm can be nearly as easy as boiling a pot of pasta and opening a jar of sauce! By the way, I also recommend doing this, since this dish is delicious atop plain pasta, and sauce will be used for the eggplant.

Check out some pasta recommendations!
Barilla Plus is great!


EASY Eggplant Parm Ingredients:

1-2 eggplants
1/2 c ground flaxseed
1/2 c chia seed
1/2 c nutritional yeast (great substitute for Parmesan cheese)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 box whole wheat pasta








Toughest part comes first - cutting the eggplant - seriously, this is the hardest work you'll do! Cut the eggplant as paper-thin as you can. I think THIS is the secret to the recipe!

Do you love my eggplant piles?






Next, lay your slices on a glass pan, overlapping slightly. Salt. Repeat a second layer. Salt.







Now, just pour flax "eggs" (combine 3 Tbsp with 1/2 c + 1 Tbsp warm water) over the eggplant, followed by a generous amount of ground flax, chia, and nutritional yeast!

I've been coming up with quantities for my recipes because I think people fear messing up a meal, but I assure you I've made my recipes many, many times, with very few measuring cups, and it's pretty hard to mess them up. If you've got SOME TASTY INGREDIENTS, you can hardly go wrong! If you can get comfortable with this method of cooking, you'll SAVE TIME by skipping the measuring, and end up with fewer cups, spoons, and bowls to clean!

The more generous you are with the FLAX, CHIA, and nutritional yeast, the more nutrient packed and healthier the dish will be.
EXPERIMENT!






Have you or any guys you know ever used a strap wrench? It's plumbing tool, very HANDY in the kitchen! Different sizes help open different size jars in a flash!




Wonder about jarred spaghetti sauce?








Lastly, pour a jar of spaghetti sauce over everything. You can give the pan a shake to be sure it's all sort of even.

Now, bake at 375 degrees or so. The temperature doesn't matter too much. Here is a great benefit of vegetarian cooking: NO need to worry about cooking "enough"! 30-40 minutes should be good.

The longer the better as tomato sauce gets richer and richer as it cooks.  Wonder why eggplant is so good for you?

No final product photos to share -- everyone wanted to it up too fast to worry about pics! Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Anna even takes this to school for lunch and eats it cold!

Instead of topping pasta, you can use it as a pizza topping!  YUM! Easy Eggplant Parmesan

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK: What is your favorite ethnic cuisine? I majorly love Italian (of course!), Indian, AND Mexican!

16 comments:

Kkall said...

Made this tonight! Very good and very easy! I used my handy pampered chef slicer to cut the eggplant, which cut perfect slices! Definitely in our dinner rotation!

Fresh-You said...

Thank you, I'm thrilled it made your dinner rotation!!

Anonymous said...

What are the noodles for? I'm going to guess you serve the eggplant over them??? Sorry.... :-/

Fresh-You said...

Yep, I put the noodles down and then top them with a big square of eggplant, cut it up, and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Made this tonight. Great base recipe. Next time I'll cut the eggplant long-ways, salt & sweat it first (it was a bit watery as is), & add more veggies. But I'll definitely be making this (with changes) on a regular basis! Thanks for the fabulous idea!

Fresh-You said...

Thanks for the comment! The long slices idea is a great one! That will save even more time! The texture might change a bit because of the seeds, but I bet no one would notice much at all! Thanks for reading and trying! Happy eating!

Kurt said...

Made this delicious recipe tonight and it turned out GREAT!! Thanks Colleen!! :-)

-Kurt

Fresh-You said...

Thank you, Kurt, for trying it, and sharing your feedback!!

zxcv said...

Made this tonight. Great base recipe. Next time I'll cut the eggplant long-ways, salt & sweat it first (it was a bit watery as is), & add more veggies. But I'll definitely be making this (with changes) on a regular basis! Thanks for the fabulous idea!

Unknown said...

thank you a ton for sharing your knowledge! This is one wonderful blog article.I am sure that if I ask enough people, they'll agree with me, too
app autoketing. sale notification app, sales pop master online

LINH NGUYEN said...

autoketing
Shipping Bar for Shopify
Free shipping bar
Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging

LINH NGUYEN said...

Very informative claim! There is lots of insinuation right here that could formerly any scenario earnings began further to a wealthy social networking conscious up opinion.
email with love online
apps autoketing
email with love free

LINH NGUYEN said...

abcya 2 player
friv land 2018
iogames for kid
I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

LINH NGUYEN said...

It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing.
Crayon shinchan adventure games free online
Crime city 3d 2 Games online
Top burger Games

LINH NGUYEN said...

Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
Free elsa breakup drama
Chicken invaders games for kid
Zombie run games for kid

LINH NGUYEN said...

I feel good when reading your posts. Those are what I want to know. Thank you for introducing useful information to us. Really appreciate you sharing this article post.Much thanks again. Much obliged.I am so grateful for your blog. Great
2player kids
friv4school 2019
jogos io 2019

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...