Sunday, December 4, 2011

How to Make Brownies in 5 Minutes or Less!






Brownie Bites are every bit as rich as any brownie I've ever tasted! No baking required!

Brownie Bites

1/2 c pecans
1/3 c dates
1/4 c cocoa, unsweetened
1/8 c flaxseed, ground

  1. Simply blend all ingredients in a food processor.
  2. Continue to blend/pulsing until fine mixture forms, and begins to come away from the edge of the container.
  3. Next, put mixture into plastic sandwich bag. Hint: you can put your bag into a mug, folding the edges of the bag over the edge of the mug (like a trash can). This just helps you fill your bag fast.
  4. Now you can shape the dough into balls without getting your hands all greasy. One inch diameter is a nice serving, and even smaller is good for little kids. They can pop the whole thing in their mouth without making a mess of crumbs.
  5. Alternatively, you could mash the whole mixture into a container and cut into squares.
While some flavors, especially Skinny Mints, taste great frozen, these taste much better refrigerated or at room temperature.

These are really nutritious, just like Larabars! They even make a great breakfast with coffee! Having young children, I often find myself being up for a few hours without having eaten, even though I'm sure to feed the kids right away! These are great to pop in my mouth as soon as I come downstairs, so I can lift my metabolism, energy, and mood right away!

These are yet another "Larabar ball" or Laraball flavor! If you like these, you might also like to try some other flavors:


To receive more fresh-you updates, you can sign up on the right-hand side of the blog, below "Popular Posts", to "Follow by Email" and/or you can "like" my Facebook page here! THANKS!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? TELL ME IN A COMMENT: How do you like your brownies? Plain, smooth? Or do you like them with stuff in them, nuts, fruit, caramel, marshmallow...???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this unsweetened cocoa?

Fresh-You said...

Yes! Unsweetened!!! Sorry for the delay in my response -- I'm going to change it above, too! Thanks!

Rene said...

Thank you for this simple, yummy recipe! I doubled the amounts and added 1.5 tbsp raw honey. They are so gooey and chocolatey! Even my very picky eater son liked them! I used Medjool dates; is that what you use? Thanks! -- Rene

Fresh-You said...

So glad you enjoyed!! I use delget noor (huge tub from Costco for a steal!), which are smaller, and drier. Medjool dates are much larger and so maybe that's why they can hold more moisture. Also, delget are usually pitted (time saver), but it probably also dries them out more. Otherwise, they very similar nutritionally and don't taste too different (delget a bit sweeter) either. SCORE that your picky eater liked them!! Happy weekend :)

JoyfulExpressions said...

I am recommending these to my health conscious friends and family, except for some reason, I had to almost triple the dates. But I think the ratio of cocoa powder is then MUCH better AND it also sticks together better. My young kiddos and hubby didn't want to keep out of them! :) Not a brownie for sure, but happy to sub this out for my sweet treat! Thank you soo much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...