Saturday, March 15, 2014

Apricot Marmalade Sweetness



This idea came to me when I was teaching a nutrition and wellness class several months ago. It took me until now to try this simple, delicious, and healthy idea! I really think these proportions came out just right. Still, it's very sweet, so if you find it's too much for you, add lemon juice.

Non-Cook Apricot Marmalade

2 c unsweetened dried apricots
1 c water
1/8 c lemon juice or the juice of half a lemon, optional
1/4 c chia seeds

Blend for just a minute or so to desired consistency, and enjoy!

Some cranberry or orange peel would probably be tasty!

How cute are these Triscuit Minis?! My kids love them :)

This spread would be great on Ezekiel Bread or on or in pancakes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...