Friday, February 12, 2016

Drink! It Does a Body a Good!

But NOT milk! Though I am not going to get into that today. A friend recently introduced me to a NEW TEA! Licorice Mint Tea! This isn't the brand I tasted, but my friend assures me the Yogi version is just as tasty.








Licorice Mint Tea, thank you Shannon! This stuff is deeeeeelicious! The coolest thing is that after each sip, my whole mouth has this lovely, cool, fresh, sweet aftertaste :) I've been through at least half the 20-pack box that I received as a gift, in only a week! It's caffeine-free so you can have as much as you like, any time of day. So even though I don't like black licorice candy, I will be seeking out more very soon!











In 2016, I have a goal of staying well hydrated for the entire year (apparently I tried it for a month in 2013, see post about that, including HYDRATION Benefits here). I as some of you might remember, hydration is a challenge for me. I am happy to report that I am still going strong, almost half way through February! Usually, changes are hardest in the first few weeks, so I think I am good to go.




Carbonated waters are another helpful tool for me. I love Klarbrunn, which I buy from Costco for maybe 24 cents per can. It's fun to have something other than water.




A few years ago I switched to almond milk in my cereal, but I still don't drink a glass of it, the way I sometimes used to have a glass of cow milk with dinner. Maybe someday almond milk will be another beverage of choice for me. It's a great option with only 30 calories per cup, plenty of calcium (shake your carton well), with no saturated fat, cholesterol, or added sugar. I also purchase this from Costco, Silk Unsweetened Vanilla.


PS- Today I will meet Dr. John McDougall, long time curer of chronic Western diseases, and bestseller author. One of his newer and awesome books is The Starch Solution.
Coincidentally, it was his compilation of research years ago that finally convinced me that dairy is not only unnecessary, but seriously harmful to our health. But again, that's another post, for another day.
  
Be well everybody, and have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...