Some reasons why I always want to have a cinnamon stick handy to nibble on (TEENY, TINY bits)!
1. Fresh breath
2. A healthy alternative to gum chewing AND Red Hot candies
3. Appetite suppressant (perhaps, read here for more; link also includes help with blood sugar control)
4. Keeps your mouth busy so you aren't eating out of boredom (also may help with smoking cessation by keeping mouth and hands busy)
5. Cleans teeth, gum and mouth health, cavity prevention
Some other benefits that have been associated with cinnamon, many for thousands of years!
6. Anti-microbial, (check out effectiveness against H. Pylori -- cause of ulcers), anti-fungal, antiviral, antioxidant
7. Flatulence, indigestion, bloating
8. Pain reducer
9. May help with cancer, cholesterol, blood pressure, arthritis, and inflammation
|From Dr Michael Greger's Update on Cinnamon for Blood Sugar Control video on nutritionfacts.org|
Here is a link to my other posts about cinnamon, including recipes!