Monday, September 2, 2013

Smooth and Sweet Banana Bread!

This delicious banana bread is egg-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!

So no butter, eggs, milk, or sugar...what the heck is in here?


I adapted this recipe from one that came in the recipe book that goes with my bread maker, the Zojirushi Virtuoso Breadmaker.

Dr Greger Daily Dozen Check Marks: 1 and 2) bananas and dates, 3) flaxseed, 4), spices, 5) whole wheat flour, 6) walnuts 


Egg-free, dairy-free, sugar-free banana bread!
Smooth Banana Bread

3 bananas, very ripe (add an extra half banana if they are small)
1/4 c flaxseed, ground
1 c water, warm
1 t vanilla (optional)
1 t cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (you can't taste it, but you're adding antioxidants!)
3/4 c dates, well-chopped (~145 grams OR 15 pieces)
2 c whole wheat flour
3 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
Optional add-in: 1/2 c walnuts, chopped, and folded in just before baking

Mash bananas, combine with flax, water, vanilla, and dates. Separately, combine remaining dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet gradually until just mixed. Bake at 375 degrees for an hour, and enjoy! Allow less time if making as cookies, instead of bread, ~20 min.

In my bread maker, I just throw it all in without even mashing the banana, and hit the "cake" button! Awesome :)


Egg-free, dairy-free, sugar-free banana bread!

COMMENTS: What is your favorite season, and why?

7 comments:

noncategorical ♥ said...

Can I use just buckwheat and no wholegrain flour? :)

noncategorical ♥ said...

Can I use just buckwheat and no wholegrain flour? :)

Fresh-You said...

I haven't before, but I am pretty sure others have had success with the bread using buckwheat! Thanks for stopping!

Unknown said...

I like this

Unknown said...

There is nothing great that to have freshly baked bread.Bread Makers

Unknown said...

Just prepped everything and threw it the oven only to my horror to see that I didn't add the flax grr. It was slightly out of my line of sight and I just completely forgot about it. Oh well its baking now so it's going to have to do without it.

Pharmacy Meds Online said...


Just Click On Links Below And Buy Online Pills About ADHD, Anxiety, Hair Loss, Pain, Insomnia, Obesity, Muscle Relaxant, Acne, Erectile Dysfunction And Malaria From Branded, Authentic And Registers FIA Company Named Pharmacy Meds Online.

OTC Pain-Relief Pills
OTC Sleeping-Aid Pills
OTC Weight-Loss Pills
OTC Hair-Loss Pills
OTC Acne Pills

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...