This sweet, creamy, chocolaty drink is perfect for a snow day! Plus, this recipe will earn you 5-check marks from Dr Greger's How Not to Die! What a sweet way to get your daily dose of turmeric!
Snow Day Hot Cocoa
16 oz hot water
1.5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 c hemp seed
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
10 pitted dates
1/4'' fresh turmeric
pinch cloves (one stalk)
Blend all ingredients until smooth, and enjoy!
I used "whole juice" button on my Blendtec (less than one minute).
Pepper helps the turmeric do it's job, and cloves add some bonus antioxidants! Dr Greger wants us to add extra spices whenever we can!
You can omit the last three ingredients if you want more of a basis hot chocolate, but I promise you can hardly taste them, and they add a huge nutritional punch!
Remember, how the bright colors of foods indicate their phytochemical content? The smells in foods, particularly in spices, also indicate phytochemical content. Turmeric is rich color and aroma, so it makes sense that it is A SUPER POWER FOOD!
|Just a glance at nutritionfacts.org topics|
Why TURMERIC? Go to this link for 35 brief nutritionfact.org videos, and here is preview list of video topics!
Lucky 7 Benefits of Turmeric
- #1 Anti-inflammatory proterties help with ulcerative colitis, lupus, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- #2 Alzheimer's treatment
- #3 Endothelial function, artery function
- #4 Help for Multiple Myeloma, colon, esophageal, and pancreatic cancer, reprogramming cancer cell death, carcinogen blocking, reducing radiation damage, and more!
- #5 DNA protection
- #6 Prediabetes protection
- #7 Speeding recovery from surgery
You can also get your daily turmeric from a Spicy Ginger Latte! Stay warm :)