Well, look at it this way, if you make the SWITCH from traditional Jiffy, Skippy, or Peter Pan, you convert your spread from the equivalent of YOUR FAVORITE CANDY BAR to an oh so healthy HANDFUL OF NUTS!!!
That's a pretty BIG DIFFERENCE and SURPRISE to many, but it's true!
It is one change that can really improve your diet!
Here are some benefits of of natural peanut butter!
Have you found any NATURAL nut butters that you love?
There are lots of great ALMOND butter brands (Marathona at Costco), another varieties include sunflower butter, cashew butter, and Tahini (sesame seed butter ... I mostly use this for HUMMUS). Click HERE for a basic and delicious HUMMUS recipe!
They are SO beneficial! You can have all the benefits of a HEALTHY fat with none of the sneaky (AND ALWAYS THERE) added SUGAR and no HYDROGENATED OILS (trans fats).
Just start with NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER!
If you can find a product that you love, you can have a super-nutritious food on hand all the time!
They usually require stirring -- try flipping the jar up-side-down a few days before you open it, and you will send a lot of the oil to the bottom!
Costco has a great product with a RED lid, that USED to even be ORGANIC, but with the peanut shortage, the jar size has increased and conventional (non-organic) peanuts are currently used.
Heinen's, as well as farmer's markets (particularly Serena's at Crocker Park in Westlake), and Whole Foods (though this one is EXPENSIVE), all make delicious peanut butters in their stores!
Marc's carries a brand called, ...I think Joey's, which is pretty good, and for a decent value.
RECIPES to try:
Hearty Oatmeal (great with or without cocoa!)
- Peanut butter scoop -- on it's own!
- A big scoop with an apple, biting some of each with each bite, or dipping apple slices
- OR you can scoop the core out of an apple, and then fill it in with peanut butter!
- Peanut Butter on Whole Wheat Toast
- Peanut Butter and Banana Mini-Sandwiches (two banana slices and PB in the middle, served with a toothpick!)
- Ants on a Log (celery slices topped with PB, and raisins for ants!)
- Peanut Butter Roll (whole wheat tortilla or Flatout flat bread spreaded with PB and rolled up, warm in microwave for 10 sec, or serve cold)
- Pasta with a Peanut Sauce (coming soon!)
COMMENTS: How do you like to eat your peanut butter?