Friday, March 2, 2012

4-Ingredient Rich Peanut Butter Cookies

These peanut butter cookies couldn't be easier!

Plus, they are free of FLOUR, BUTTER, SUGAR, and OIL!


HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c dates, pitted (about 30 pieces)
1/2 c non-dairy milk
2/3 c NATURAL peanut butter
1/2 c peanuts, roasted, unsalted (optional)

Blend all ingredients in a food processor, adding the nuts last for just a quick spin to desired crunchiness.  Bake at 350 (conventional), 375 (convection), for 15 minutes.  Enjoy!

SOME TIPS


  • At first, you may want to wrap a paper towel around the edge of the food processor lid/container because it may leak.
  • Start blending slowly, pulsing until it's a bit mixed up. Then turn it on for 1-2 minutes.  
  • Counting dates may save you time, since you have to grab them out of the container a few at a time anyway, and saves you from washing an extra measuring cup.
  • As I've mentioned, after you've made a recipe a few times, you can try estimating!
  • Costco sells an awesome HUGE container of pitted dates!




WANT TO JUST MAKE ONE?!

You can pop a big scoop into a small bowl and cook it in the microwave for 60-70 seconds, and viola!!! Hot, fresh, baked cookie, and you haven't even heated up the oven!!! YUM!


Why not have these for breakfast? They'll be a healthy start to your day! My girls had them for breakfast today! My hubby took one to work for a lunch treat! He gave up desserts for Lent, but he can cheat with these because they are a healthy snack disguised as a savory dessert!

Why not try it tonight (or for lunch, really!) with a Healthy Friendly's Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Sundae!

OR you could try Choco-Peanut Crunch Laraballs or you might like PB and J Poppers!



COMMENTS: Have you ever baked with beans? It's SO awesome to add such nutrition -- and it's completely undetectable!

9 comments:

Kim M. said...

If you leave out the nuts, do you need to adjust the amounts of anything else? I am excited to add this to our repetoire, along with black bean brownies!

Fresh-You said...

Good question, Kim! Nope it works well with or without the nuts, with no changes in quantities! Black bean brownies are awesome! What recipe do you use?

Kim M. said...

I've tried tons of different black bean brownie recipes and this is our favorite.
http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/01/21/gluten-freeblack-bean-brownies/

I think I need a video demo for these peanut butter cookies. We tried tonight and they didn't come out looking anything like yours :) but Finn still ate one!

Fresh-You said...

Thanks for the recipe -- especially tempting since you've tried lots! We're going on a day trip today, but first thing tomorrow - I want to try them! Sorry the recipe didn't work :( I wonder what the trouble was? Did the dough seem like traditional PB cookie dough before you baked it? Did you taste it? The ones in the pic I made right away, but I have also refrigerated the dough and baked it the next day. I didn't actually see a difference, but who knows, maybe that will help! Making a video would be fun -- maybe with my kids! I'm glad Finn still ate one!!!

Lori said...

What size can of garbanzo beans do you use? I have a 19 oz can and a 28 oz can in my pantry. Thank you, Lori

Fresh-You said...

Lori! 14 oz -- thanks for asking! I'll clarify in the post! Sorry I just saw your comment now! Have a great weekend, Lori!

Anonymous said...

These look wonderful - can almond milk be substituted for dairy milk?

Fresh-You said...

Somehow I missed your comment! Yes I think almond milk should work well!! Did you try it? How did it go?

Jane said...

Mine are in the oven now - it appears from your picture that you flatten them slightly before baking?? Also, how many should this recipe make?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...