Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easy OJ with Extra Creaminess and Fiber!

Easy OJ -- Too simple to even be a recipe, but still I wanted to share!  I only have my super-blender, a Blendtec (similar to a Vitamix), so you'll have to let me know how it goes with a regular blender!



Simply trim the orange of the orange peel (as you would for Orange Almond Biscottis...heck, why not make a batch you're y at it!  No waste!).

Then cut the orange in a few pieces., including the white of the peel -- nutritional BOOST of extra fiber!!

Add a large handful of ice, about 1 cup.

BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH and enjoy!



With a power blender this is ready in less than a minute!  Otherwise, it should still only take a few min, I hope!

TIP: Sometimes blending more is easier for the blender -- I used 3 oranges and 2-3 cups of ice cubes! Adding a little water might help too.  If you add milk, it'll more of a smoothie.  Of course you could add all kinds of fruit, flax, wheat germ, chia, etc.  I was going strictly for OJ since my daughter wanted some and we were out!

COMMENTS: Do you have a super-blender?  If you do, what is your favorite thing to make with it?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...