Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Three Things My Kids are Loving Lately!


I love that nutrition and wellness is popping up everywhere for adults (Dr Oz Show, for example), and especially for kids!

YUMMILOO is an ipad game that my kids (3, 5, and 7 years old) love which teaches them to pick all the colorful produce from their garden, fuel themselves with quality so they can run properly, and even shows them about composting!



This Sesame Street song by Common and Colbie Caillat with Elmo, called BELLY BREATHE, teaches kids to calm themselves down.  I've pressed play and put my camera right in front of my daughter, right in the moment and actually cooled off heated situations with my 7-yr-old, very cool.



FIZZY'S LUNCH LAB is a PBS Kids show that my kids came across ON THEIR OWN while spending some time on www.pbskids.org; I kept hearing awesome nutrition buzz words over at the ipad until I came over and saw what they were all gathered around watching, having fun, and learning!  Looks like it was introduced in 2009 and it's still around  four years later, so other kids besides mine must also enjoy it :)


BONUS APP: Toca Boca is an awesome music app for kids, unrelated to nutrition; video isn't explanatory like the Yummiloo video, but it shows the game in action.  Kids just pick different characters to be on stage and they each have different instruments and beats, and it all sounds (to me) pretty good together :)

BONUS CLIP: It's Halloween Night by Fizzy's Lunch Lab Band (~1 min)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...