Thursday, February 16, 2012

Simplify the Switch to Plain Yogurt!

Do you hear about the benefits of plain yogurt, but cringe at the thought of such tartness?




Ease into the switch to plain non-dairy Greek Yogurt with your usual flavored yogurt!  Click for Benefits!

Greek yogurt sets itself apart from regular yogurt by its super-thick and rich texture with very little fat AND lots of protein! Protein digestion and metabolism requires our bodies to burn more calories than for other macronutrients (fat and carbs), so it increases our metabolism!

KID TRICK: Mix as shown above, then refill usual non-dairy yogurt container with new mixture -- works wonders!

Gradually increase the ratio of plain non-dairy Greek or regular yogurt, and pretty soon you won't mind a scoop or two or plain yogurt on it's own!

Don't believe me? I didn't used to like plain yogurt, and now (after becoming accustomed to the taste very gradually) I can eat a bowl of it on it's own. I still only do that if I am very hungry and want to reach for something healthy. Still, I really enjoy it dressed up lots of different ways!

Chocolatey Goodness

Tasty Greek Yogurt Snack

Choco-Candy Apple Parfait

Banana Walnut Parfait

Power Pudding (1 c plain yogurt can be substituted for 1 avocado)

3-ingredient Super Shake or Long Run Refuel (plain regular non-dairy yogurt can be substituted for non-dairy Kefir, PLUS about 1/4 - 1/2 c water, more for Greek than regular)

In place of sour cream as a topping,
Or in any recipe ("Chicken" Artichoke Casserole or enchiladas -- recipe coming soon!

SHARE IF YOU DARE!  How have you added plain yogurt into your diet?  How do you sneak other healthy foods into more familiar ones to help your family get the nutrients they need?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Great post!
I love plain yogurt and always have! I actually like it a LOT more than flavored yogurt. I like to add berries to yogurt.. its so delicious! :)

Colleen Grossner said...

You're lucky to have always loved plain yogurt! I bet you've always loved natural peanut butter too?! Nat. PB has come a long way since I first tried it, but I didn't like that at first either. I agree, yogurt and berries are the perfect combination!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...